Friday, July 19, 2013

How do I do investments~~~~

Hello My Diva Darlings,

Yes, yes, its been a long time and once again all I can say is that life has interrupted my posting.

I've been ill, a minor chest problem but it has finally cleared up, as one gets older things like chest congestions, heart, blood pressure and other ailements of old age can be problematic.

But the mind is still sharp.

If any of you have been following my previous posts then you will know what to do for your own life.

Now I've had some of you ask me how do I manage my own investsments,  well I've laid that out as well but it does pay to research.  But for many of you that have full time jobs that can be a bit hard espeically if you also want a Diva social life.

Having a social life is important but who you socialize with is also important, over the years I've been in contact (now a days it's called networking) and socializing with people who are pretty much on the ground floor of finance, investing etc. as well as industry, and with careful flattery and listening between the lines, yes Darlings I said listening,  you can get an idea of the trends of the world and avoid making serious financial pitfalls.

So it pays to know people who can benefit you.   Yes Darlings I know that sounds shallow but really you do have to remember it is a "dog eat dog" world.  

Now that is not to say to not do things that benefit those that need help, you should do that, like Food Banks, and St. Jude Hospital, and charities that help the community at large.  To give away money foolishly will bankrupt you, to hoard it will also bankrupt you,  but to be balanced about it will benefit you.

But getting back at research.   If you are working and many of you are, it pays to be with an investment research firm,  and one of the best that I am associated with is Stansberry and Associates Investment Research.

With their suggestions I was able to avoid the worse of the 2008 crisis and the wild up and down ride following, my investsments remained very steady, and although they did take a bit of a dip, it didn't hurt me and with their suggestions and also with input from my own research my choices were very carefully made.

Now even those choices, my income did take a little dip, it just meant that I could only put away less in my savings, in my investment fund, but I still had enough to cover my living expenses and could cut back on unnecessary expenditures and I am always careful in watching my spending,  by determining "a need" against "a want".

For example I need to fix the dish washer against wanting to buy a new mink coat.   See what I mean? 

Its one thing to spend wisely, another to spend foolishly.   Why do you think that a lot of very wealthy people buy their bulk party items and food at CostCo?  Or shop at Walmart or Target?  Or clip grocery cupons?  To save money Darlings, to save money and you should do the same.

And for many Diva's it does pay to work even if you are earning more in your investsments, the reasoning behind that is it helps keep you in contact with many people, and to be a part of the big financial world that is out there, all those contacts are important, you cannot be on an island apart from everyone.

That is why I still have my "Ladies who Lunch" group, we bring in more as well and it rotates, everyone one of them are involved in finance, banking, real estate and investments in some way, and it pays in mental dividends.

So if you decide to subscribe to a Investment Research company, check their track record.  

Remember my Dear Diva's you only want the Best and The Best is what you desire.

Kisses Darlings

No comments: